A summary of things I stopped to wonder at in this weeks internet meandering.
1. Erwin McManus recently posted an article on Christian Leadership. I am a major fan of his book ‘The Barbarian Way’, and was particularly taken with his ideas that:
a) ” Leaders create human communities
b) Leaders live in the future they invite us into.
c) Leaders become great teachers when they become great learners.
d) Leaders use their power to protect the powerless.
e) Leaders are guardians of movement, not guardians of culture” (Erwin McManus).
2. Some potentially BIG news from an archaeological dig in Israel: Unique Egyptian sphinx unearthed in north Israel
3. I was stopped by two quotes from Corrie Ten Boom, Dutch concentration camp survivor. In the light of reading Metaxas’ biography of Bonhoeffer, I’m finding Corrie’s work to more rich than I had previously considered. My appreciation for this woman of God is intensifying. As a result I am still processing these two gems:
i) ‘making a living can keep us so busy that the Sabbath catches us like a noose. Not only do our worries snare us, so do happy expectations’
ii) ‘Seldom have we read with such great interest so many prophecies in the Bible and newspapers side by side, as we did in those days and even today.
(I Stand at the Door and Knock, 2008:146 )
4. Techeblog.com featured a post on 16 Incredible home libraries. For me, these three were the stand outs:
5. This week BlimeyCow put this youtube video out entitled the ‘7 lies about homeschoolers’. I was encouraged and entertained by it – recommended: